ITIN Preparation

For individuals who don't have, or, are not eligible for a social security number, the IRS issues a number which is known as the ITIN number. This is issued for certain resident and nonresident individuals who are required to have an identification number for tax purposes. If you use the services of an IRS approved agency like us, rather than filing the application yourself, you will benefit in the following ways:

1) The Time required for processing the form:

Forms which are handled by unpracticed applicants usually end up having a number of errors. Erroneous applications might result in a delay of two to three months, which is quite unnecessary and can be easily avoided by hiring someone who will prepare the form without any error.

2) The correct reason for application:

We will take the time out to understand your unique requirements and prepare the ITIN form accordingly, so that it is for the correct reasons and follows the correct procedure. To use our service you need to be able to prove your residency and identity, as also, have a valid reason for obtaining an ITIN number.

Examples of individuals who might need an ITIN

  • Dependent or spouse of a non-resident foreign visa holder.
  • Dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident foreign
  • Non-resident foreign filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for a SSN
  • U.S. resident foreign (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for a SSN


As soon as you are ready to file your federal income tax return, you should complete ITIN application Form since you need to attach the return to your application.

You are required to submit ITIN application Form If you meet one of the exceptions to the tax filing requirement, along with the documents that prove your identity and foreign status and the required supplemental documents to substantiate your qualification for the exception, as soon as possible after you determine that you are covered by that exception.

You can apply for an ITIN any time during the year; You should file your current year return by the prescribed due date to avoid interest and/or penalties, which can come into consideration if the tax return you attach to the ITIN application Form is filed after the return's due date.